Effective October 1st 2017
Information We May Collect
Personal Information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth, or other data that, when taken together, can uniquely identify you. Personal Information also includes certain sensitive information related to your finances such as a credit card number or other payment account number (including the three (3) or four (4) digit validation code for your debit or credit card). For you to take advantage of the services provided through the Sites, we may require that you furnish Personal Information. We and our third party service providers collect your Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Non-Personal Information (or "Non-PII") which is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not uniquely identify you. We and our third party service providers may collect your Non-Personal Information, including information about the device you are using in accessing and/or using the Websites, information from referring websites, and your interaction with the Websites. We and our third party service providers may also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Websites, for example, using Personal Information to calculate percentage of users from a specific island or location. This collective information constitutes Non-Personal Information.
IP Addresses are the Internet Protocol addresses of the computers that you are using. Your IP Address is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Websites, along with the time(s) of visit(s) and the page(s) visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect. For example, your IP Address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet.
How Do We and Our Third Party Service Providers Use Information Collected From You?
Personal Information: we and our third party service providers may use your Personal Information and any third party’s Personal Information that you may provide, as applicable:
- To process your registration on our Websites, including verification of your information.
- To fulfill your requests (e.g., for you to order food through our restaurant partners and have it delivered to you.
- To fulfill your purchases (e.g., to process debit or credit card payments for your food order).
- To customize content on our Websites (e.g., the restaurants that will deliver in your area).
- To send you important information regarding the Websites, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be material to your use of the Websites, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- To inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you and to permit you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, "Promotions").
- To permit you to refer us to your friends so that we may send them a promotional offer through the Websites. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your friend's name and email address. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address for this purpose. We will not use your friend's Personal Information for any purpose other than to allow a promotional offer to be sent and/or to troubleshoot any issues with respect to such promotional offer, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time you provide your friend's Personal Information to us.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Non-Personal Information: because your Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we and our third party service providers may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may work with third parties for the purpose of advertisement on the Websites, including online behavioral advertising (“OBA”) and multi-site advertising.
In addition, we reserve the right to share your Non-Personal Information with our affiliates and with other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder (as long as it is so combined).
How Do We and Our Third Party Service Providers Share Your Personal Information With Others?
We and our third party service providers may disclose Personal Information:
- To provide services, or to enable third party service providers to provide services, such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, and other similar services.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address actual or suspected fraud, security or technical issues, and to verify your purchase to holder(s) of any credit card(s) or other payment account(s) used to place order(s) through your account.
- As required to fulfill your order (e.g., to our restaurant partners to enable them to fulfill your order).
- To identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Websites.
- To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- As we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for recordkeeping purposes.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
We and our third party service providers may make available through the Websites certain services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, "profile pages" and blogs) to which you may be able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you provide in connection with such services may become public, and may be available to visitors to the Websites and to the general public, including without limitation, the ratings and reviews that accompany many restaurant listings and the comments section of our blog posts. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, and/or any other information and/or materials, on the Websites. Neither we, nor any of our third party service providers, nor any other person or entity duly authorized by us and/or by our third party service providers, is or shall be responsible for any use by any unauthorized person or entity of any personal information you disclose through the websites.
We and our third party service providers use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us via our support.karibites.com.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may unsubscribe from emails by selecting the "unsubscribe" link.
You may review, correct and/or update certain elements of your Personal Information by adjusting your preferences in the "My Account" section of karibites.com. We and our third party service providers are not responsible for altering Personal Information from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third party service providers have shared your Personal Information.
Under no circumstances are the Websites directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Such individuals are prohibited from using the Websites and should not provide Personal Information through the Websites.
If you choose to access the Websites, you do so at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the availability of the Websites, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time at our sole discretion. By using the Websites and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries, which may provide a different level of data security than your country of residence.